Happy Valentine’s Day to you all, especially those with significant others. I myself do not fall in that category but I thought I would instead share a few things that I love, a few moments that fill me with joy.
- Getting up a bit earlier than normal on a Saturday morning and enjoying a couple bowls of Shreddies and Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes while the house is still quiet.
- Driving home from Durham Christian Book Store with a new CD (one I’d ordered in ahead of time) laying on the passenger seat, still wrapped in cellophane.
- Buying a Hot Fudge Sundae with Rachel at the McDonalds down the road.
- Playing air-guitar to favourite nu-metal song pounding out of the speakers at high volume, when no one else is home.
- After freshly formatting a partition typing “dir” at the Command Prompt and seeing “0 File(s) 0 bytes”.
- Eating home-made pizza (with Coke) over a DVD together with my family.
- Reading a Star Wars novel in bed, with the electric blanket on, while eating Toblerone chocolate.